Turismo Prerrománico > CASTILLO DE TORIJA


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Ninguna valoración todavía)


It was originally a Roman watchtower from which Torija got its name. Conquered by Alfonso VI in 1065, he gave it to the Templars who improved the fortress. After many vicissitudes and changes of owner, it became property of the Mendoza house. Built of stone in the 14th century, it is a medieval fortress before the use of artillery, located on the edge of the Alcarreño plateau and surrounded by a small outdoor enclosure, It has a square plan with high walls topped with a matacanes cornice, with circular turrets in the corners and a large square homage tower. He had the entrance on the north side.

For more information see his description on Castillos del Olvido