Turismo Prerrománico > CASTILLO DE PEÑARROYA (R)


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Ninguna valoración todavía)


Reconquered from the Muslims in 1198, it belonged to the military order of St. John in 1215. Built in masonry and Ashlar stone, outside is a medieval access road, the shrine and a moat. Accessed by a gate to the courtyard of the Castle, where there are various dependencies, the 12th century Church and a cistern. There are three towers in its walls, more a watchtower and the tower of homaje, square three-storey, where they would be dependencies of the Lord of the Castle.

See its description in Castillos del Olvido