Quinta Villaverde is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet vacation near Villaviciosa and take a break from your daily routine.
Our house has everything you need to spend a very comfortable few days relaxing in a unique area nestled in the north of Spain. Our rural home is composed of two different sections:
- The large part: five comfortable bedrooms each with their own bathroom, a living room with fireplace, and a kitchen.
- The small part: two bedrooms with respective bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. You may rent the entire house at once for more privacy and comfort
This country house was fully renovated keeping the original structure and materials in mind. It boasts wooden roofs and stone walls that make it a very warm and inviting home.
It is located in a unique and tucked-away area surrounded by rivers, indigenous forests, and an expansive variety of flora and fauna, placing it in an ideal environment for relaxing.
The country house has a small granary and a winery.
We offer daily cleaning of the bedrooms and common areas as well as home-cooked breakfasts and dinners.
Outside: Garden, Barbecue, Terrace, Garden furniture, Car-parking facilities.
Inside: Selection of games, DVD or video, Washing machine, Microwave, Heating, Dining room, Rooms with en-suite bathroom, Kitchen, Fireplace, Television, Library, Lounge.
Services: Internet access, Laundry service, Guided walks, Breakfast available, Bike rental, Cot available, Information about the area, Dinner service, free WiFi access.
Languages: English, Spanish.
Land: Mountain biking, Horse riding, Hiking, Archery.
Sea: Canoeing - kayak, Surfing.
Workshops: Photography, Flora and Fauna observation
Close to the beach, Mountains, Tarmac entrance, Isolated area, Outside the village, Signposted, Bathing area in lake / river.
In the house, you will find all the information you need to plan activities in which you would like to take part, such as: horseback riding, boat or canoe rides along the river, fishing in the river or the sea, surfing, and more. The most popular activity, however, is hiking, as the following trails start right nearby: ;
- "Ruta de los Molinos del Río Profundu" ("The Mills of Río Profundu Route"), a 7 km trail with 21 mills alongside it .
- It is the first stretch of the Gijón-Covadonga route and the way to the Peña Cabrera park area.
You will also find Romanesque and pre-Romanesque art, which is in abundance in this area and features the artists San Salvador de Valdediós, San Juan de Amandi, Santa María de la Oliva, to name a few.
From here, only a few minutes away you will find Gijón, the traditional fishing port of Tazones, the Rodiles beach, the Fitu lookout point, the Costa de los Dinosaurios (Dinosaur Coast), Astorian villages, and an endless amount of places to see.
Enjoying a weekend or a relaxing vacation has never been so easy and accessible.
We will be happy to welcome you to Quinta Villaverde.
Art and culture
- One day excursion to Santiago de Gobiendes, San Salvador de Priesca y San Salvador de Valdedios, aproxemately 70 kms. (See route)
- One day excursion to Oviedo, (45 kms distance visiting San Julián de los Prados, Santa María del Naranco, San Miguel de Lillo, La Cámara Santa de la Catedral and San Tirso. (See route)
- Other paces of interest Near By: Santa Cristina de Lena, (63 kms distance) Santa María de Bendones, (51 kms distance).