Hotel Celanova** was refurbished in 2016.
Our hotel has 20 rooms – distributed over 4 floors – of different categories ranging from Standard to Superior, some of which are connecting rooms. All our rooms are equipped with a full bathroom, a 32” flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi Internet access.
In our restaurant regional specialties await you, and our bar is the right place to relax over a drink.
A pleasant and friendly atmosphere along with its privileged location makes our hotel the best choice for your trips to this area.
Self parking is available at the large free public parking lot located in the vicinity and we provide tour bus parking at the hotel entrance.
At our hotel the service of a certified tourist guide of Galicia (speaking English, Galician, Spanish, Italian, German and French) is also available.
More information on our hotel at our website: http://hotelcelanova.com/?lang=en
Hotel Celanova** located in the heart of Celanova is just steps away from the Saint Savior’s Monastery in Celanova, from the historic center, and from the tourist information center.
The municipality of Celanova is located in southwestern Galicia – in northwestern Spain-, within the province of Ourense – one of the two provinces in Spain with the largest amount of cultural heritage resources- , and is part of the “Terra de Celanova” district.
Celanova is located …
25 km. from Ourense (airport, train & bus station)
90 km. from Vigo (airport, port, train & bus station)
132 km. from Santiago de Compostela (airport, train & bus station)
174 km. from Oporto (airport, port, train & bus station)
200 km. from A Coruña (airport, port, train & bus station)
489 km. de Madrid (airport, train & bus station)
Art and culture
- The Castro Culture
- The Roman Empire
- Saint Rudesind and his Family
- Benedictine Monasteries
- The Monastery of Celanova
- The Way of Saint James via Celanova
- Magical Shrines
- Ethnographic Heritage
- Boiled Egg Festival (Festa dos Ovos Cocidos, Celanova) at 0 km.
- Fish Festival (Festa do Peixe, Bande) at 15 km. Galician Festival of Touristic Interest
- Cachena Beef Festival (Festa da Carne Cachena, Quintela de Leirado) at 19 km.
- Rooster that Pecks on the Ground Festival (Festa do galo pica no chan, Muíños) at 27 km.
- Wine-Drenched Bread Festival (Festa de sopas do burro canso, Muíños) at 27 km.
- Arnoia Bell Pepper Festival (Festa do Pemento de Arnoia, Arnoia) at 32 km.Galician Festival of Touristic Interest.
- Ribeiro Wine Fair (Feira do Viño do Ribeiro, Ribadavia) at 35 km. Galician Festival of Touristic Interest.
- Tripe Festival (Festa dos Callos, Lobios) at 37 km.
- Pie Festival at Forquellas and Cachena Beef Festival at Serra do Quinxo (Festa da Empanada de Forquellas e da Carne Cachena da Serra do Quinxo, Entrimo) a 40 km.
- Cea Bread Festival (Festa do Pan de Cea, San Cristovo de Cea) at 53 km. Galician Festival of Touristic Interest
- Octopus Festival in O Carballiño (Festa do Polbo de O Carballiño, O Carballiño) at 54 km. Festival of National Touristic Interest.
More information regarding festivals (gastronomic, historical, ethnographic, and “romerías” under “INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE” at our website : http://hotelcelanova.com/leisure/?lang=en
In the vicinity of Celanova there’s a great array of natural areas among which are to be found 2 biosphere reserves – Gerês-Xurés and Allariz Area -, 1 natural park – Baixa Limia-Xurés – and several spaces that are part of the Natura 2000 Network, with Special Protection Areas (SPAs) and Special Areas of Conservation (SACs): Baixa Limia (SAC & SPA), Limia (SPA), Veiga de Ponteliñares (SAC), and Cañón do Sil (SAC).
All this will allow you to enjoy:
You will find more information regarding the natural and cultural (tangible & intangible) heritage of Celanova and its surroundings at our website: http://hotelcelanova.com/leisure/?lang=en
Celanova can be considered with Oviedo and Toledo as one of the most important centers of Spanish Pre-Romanesque Art. From our city you can easily visit at least ten monuments of all the artistic styles of this period, some of them of great importance.
PRE-ROMANESQUE CULTURAL HERITAGE
- Rock-Cut Pre-Romanesque Necropolis
- Rock-Cut Pre-Romanesque San Vitor‘s at Barxacova Necropolis (Parada de Sil) at 70 km.
- Suavian Rock-Cut Architecture
- San Pedro de Rocas (Esgos) at 43 km.
- Visigothic Pre-Romanesque Architecture
- Saint Columba’s Church at Bande (Igrexa de Santa Comba de Bande, Bande) at 26 km.
- Pre-Romanesque Mozarabic Architecture
- Saint Michael’s Chapel in Celanova (Capela de San Miguel de Celanova, Celanova) at 0 km.
- Mozarabic gravestone. Saint Baia’s Church at Berredo (Lápida mozárabe. Igrexa de Santa Baia de Berredo (A Bola) at 8 km.
- Saint Martin’ Church at Pazó (Igrexa de San Martiño de Pazó, Allariz) at 17 km.
- Saint Euphemia’s Church at Ambía (Igrexa de Santa Eufemia de Ambía, Baños de Molgas) at 30 km.
- Saint Mary’s Church at Mixós (Igrexa de Santa María de Mixós, Monterrei) at 61 km.
- Asturian Pre-Romanesque Architecture
- Saint Genesius’ Church at Francelos (Igrexa de San Xes de Francelos, Ribadavia) at 38 km.
- Romanesque Architecture
- San Pedro de A Mezquita (A Merca) a 11 km.
- San Martiño de Loiro (Barbadás) a 23 km.
- Santa María de Aguas Santas (Allariz) a 24 km.
- Santa María la Real (Xunqueira de Ambía) a 26 km.
- Catedral de Ourense (Ourense) a 31 km.
- San Estevo de Ribas de Sil (Nogueira de Ramuín) a 49 km.
- Santa Cristina de Ribas de Sil (Parada de Sil) a 62 km.