El Cauce is an ancient carriage inn which has been restored, preserving its original structure as much as possible, and where you will be able to enjoy the traditional way of life together with all mod cons
The house has a barbecue, garden, dining room with fireplace, activities for children and Internet access. Two double rooms with en-suite bathroom, one of them is adapted for the disabled and, in other, an extra bed can be added. Two rooms more with shared bathroom especially for parents with children. In addition, the rural house El Cauce offers its guests homemade cooking (breakfast and dinner) and homemade and local products are on sale: cakes, cookies, chocolate truffles, jams, quince, etc...
The owner, an enthusiast of culture and its province - which dedicated an interesting BLOG - and associate and collaborator of our ?Association of Friends for the Spanish Early Medieval Art?, offers special attention and complete equipment, books and information, for the visit of the Sierra de ATAPUERCA deposits and interesting pre-Romanesque monuments in the province and advice on the different cultural, nature and bird watching routes.
It is situated in the village of San Medel, in the valley formed by the River Arlanzón, 5 km from the city of Burgos and 3 from the ancient settlement of Atapuerca, in a very peaceful spot and with very easy access which allows you to organize a day trips to visit the main Visigothic, Mozárabes monuments and existing restocking hermitages in the province of Burgos.
Art and culture
- Art and Culture: Catedral de Burgos, Monasterio de las Huelgas, Iglesia de San Juan de Ortega, Monasterio de San Pedro de Cardeña, Museo de la Evolución Humana,...
- Nature: Sierra de la Demanda, Cascadas de Orbaneja del Castillo, Cañones del Ebro, Complejo Kárstico de Ojo Guareña, Las Merindades,...
- Gastronomy and folklore: Batalla de Atapuerca, Cronicón de Oña, Restaurante Como Sapiens en Atapuerca, Restaurante Galín en Covarrubias, Bodegas Ribera del Duero,...
- A day trip to the Church of the iglesia de la Virgen del Cerro and Quintanilla de las Viñas, 103Kms (see itinerary)
- A day trip to San Vicente del Valle and San Millán de Suso, aproximadamente un total de 184 kms. (see itinerary)
- A day trip to San Pedro de Tartalés de Cilla, San Pedro de Argés and San Miguel de Presillas, about 242 Kms. (see itinerary)
- Otras visitas de interés: Yacimiento de Atapuerca, Necrópolis de Villanueva Soportilla, Ermita de San Felix de Oca, Ermita de San Juan Bautista. Barbadillo del Mercado,...