CASTILLO DE UCLÉS (R)
The convent castle of Uclés stands on an elongated hill in the highest area of ??the town. It has its origin in the Islamic citadel, since it is known that Alfonso VIII gave the Order of Santiago “villa and castle” in 1174, on which they built a fortress in the 15th century; it consisted of Patio de Armas, four, drawbridge next to the corresponding warehouses, warehouses and rooms. Most of the building is today under the current Monastery built in the sixteenth century. Today stand the so-called Torre Albarrana, Torre Palomar and part of remains of canvases that would close the castle to the south.
For more information, see its description in Castillos del Olvido.