CASTILLO DE PONFERRADA (R)
Built by the Templars in 1187, it seems that on a Celtic fort occupied later by Romans and Visigoths. It suffered multiple avatars over several centuries, being the object of royal donations to military orders and noblemen until it was taken to Rodigo Osorio militarily by the Catholic Monarchs in 1486. ??Polygonally, it preserves constructions of the 12th century along with other which belong to the reform of the Catholic Monarchs, as the magnificent gateway between two towers. At present in its new rooms it offers the exhibition “Templum Libri”, large collection of facsimiles of illuminated codices.
For more information see its description in Castillos del Olvido