CASTILLO DE PEÑARROYA (R)
Reconquered from the Muslims in 1198, it belonged to the military order of St. John in 1215. Built in masonry and Ashlar stone, outside is a medieval access road, the shrine and a moat. Accessed by a gate to the courtyard of the Castle, where there are various dependencies, the 12th century Church and a cistern. There are three towers in its walls, more a watchtower and the tower of homaje, square three-storey, where they would be dependencies of the Lord of the Castle.
See its description in Castillos del Olvido