CASTILLO DE MOMBELTRÁN (R)
Built by Beltrán de la Cueva between 1462 and 1474, it is attributed to the architect Juan Guas, although the access doorway was built in the 16th century when the moat and the drawbridge were eliminated. Located on a hill in which there was already a previous fortress, it consists of two square-shaped enclosures with circular cubes in the corners. The interior, in a very bad state, conserves a central arcaded patio around which the chapel and the rooms of residence and servants were located. The towers are vaulted and in the homage there were removable wooden floors, to prevent the assailants from entering the interior of the tower.
See its description in Castillos del Olvido