CASTILLO DE MAQUEDA
In 981 Almanzor ordered one of his best architects to create a fortress over an existing one. Reconquered in 1083 by Alfonso VI and in 1177 Alfonso VII donated the castle and its lands to the Order of Calatrava that resisted between 1196 and 1198 resisting the siege of the Almoravids. Rebuilt in the fifteenth century it passed to the Spanish Government which installed in it a barracks of the Civil Guard. Located at the end of the walled enclosure, it is rectangular in two levels, with thick walls, with a moat on two sides and three circular towers plus another one added later.
For more information see its description on Castillos del Olvido