CASTILLO DE JADRAQUE (R)
With Arab origin, on an area fortified by the Romans, it was reconquered by Alfonso VI in 1086, it was ignored until the 15th century, when Pedro González de Mendoza, Bishop of Sigüenza, began the construction of this Renaissance castle-palace on a narrow plateau. It is a rectangular construction of high crenellated walls, with very few openings, six circular towers and two square and without a keep, with the door located between two towers on the south side. Inside, completely empty, there was an area dedicated to the residence of the owners. Purchased by the City Council, it was restored some 30 years ago.
For more information see its description in Castillos del Olvido.