CASTILLO DE COCA (R)
Military castle of Gothic-Mudéjar style considered the prototype of Castilian stately castle of the fifteenth century. Built in brick in the middle of the 15th century, it consists of two enclosures, both battlements and with towers, the exterior, defensive, is surrounded by a large pit with a single access door protected by two large brick cubes. The interior enclosure is of square plan with towers in the corners, the largest is that of homage, with a spiral staircase in its interior that gives access to the different floors. To highlight the magnificent Mudéjar decoration of its rooms made with stuccos and paintings. Ceded for 100 years to the Ministry of Agriculture, it was restored between 1956 and 1958 and houses the Forest Training School.
Expand information in Castillos del Olvido