CASTILLO DE CHINCHILLA DE MONTE-ARAGÓN (R)
Arabic castle built on Roman and visigoths remains, reconquered in 1241 and totally reconstructed in the 15th century. It was used as prison between the 17th century and the XXth. Of big proportions, point is formed by two enclosures separated by an enormous pit of 6m of high place by 10 of width excavated in the rock, with a drawbridge – today eliminated – that was leading to his only door, of double arch of way placed between two cylindrical buckets. The wall was completed by towers of rectangular plant in the corners and cylindrical buckets distributed by the interior wall.
To see his description and a video in Castillos del Olvido