CASTILLO DE ALCALÁ DEL JÚCAR (R)
Islamic style castle formed by a pentagonal tower and two circular turrets in the right angles, with three heights inside and an exterior wall of which only remains. It was built by the Almohads in the late 12th century and conquered by Alfonso VIII in 1213. Its present aspect is that of the renovation of the fifteenth century, in which its great tower of homage was built, destroyed in the wars of the Marquis and Carlist, and restored in a long process of reconstruction between 1964 and 1985.
To learn more consult Castillos del Olvido