CASTILLO DE ALCAÑIZ (R)
The castle of Alzañiz was ceded to the order of Calatrava by Alfonso II in 1197. The oldest area, of Cistercian aspect, corresponds to the northeast, where the Torre del Homenaje and the Chapel are located, dated at the end of the 12th century and the beginning of the 13th century. In addition to its church, with only one nave, the set of Gothic paintings decorating part of the atrium and the tower is very interesting.
See description in Románico