CASTILLO DE ALARCÓN (R)
Arab castle in an area where there are vestiges of Iberian and Roman constructions, conquered in 1184 by Alfonso VIII, who prepared from there in 1211 the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa. It is a great fortress built in masonry with ashlars in the corners on a high promontory, which is formed by three defensive enclosures, with a large rectangular tower, two large buildings and two other towers that defend the access door. At present it is a National Parador.
For more information see its description in Castillos del Olvido