ALCAZAR REAL DE GUADALAJARA (R)
Fortification of Andalusian origin from the 9th century converted over time into royal palace, cloths factory and military barracks, is currently in ruins. It is a rectangular enclosure of just over a hectare located on the west side of Guadalajara to protect the entrance to the city. It was finished in the 10th century and conquered by Christian troops in 1086 the Alcazar became a place of stay for the Castilian kings. Alfonso XI built a church dedicated to San Ildefonso in his interior and under his reign it was expanded into an authentic royal palace in the Mudejar style.
For more information see Castillos del Olvido.